ORFH provides direct, comprehensive development services to local nonprofit corporations, housing authorities, growers/employers and other organizations and individuals interested in developing new or preserving existing affordable housing.
ORFH develops both community based multi-family rental housing and works directly with the agricultural community to develop on-farm and near-farm housing serving the needs of both farmworkers and agricultural employers.
- Market analyses of local housing need and demand and analyses of local agricultural trends.
- Land assembly, including site inventories and feasibility analyses of suitable parcels, purchase negotiations, preparing option/purchase agreements and environmental assessments.
- Applications/negotiations for construction and permanent financing from public and private sources.
- Assistance with loan closing, construction processing, project closeout and other owner responsibilities in the development process.
- Low interest pre-development loans for land options, architectural work, surveys, soil testing and other costs incurred prior to closing on construction/permanent financing.
- Management assistance and training to assure long-term viability.
- ORFH offers all the necessary services to obtain capital financing and assure the quality of housing construction and property management.